Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Simple Chalkboard Style Christmas Cards

Hi everyone!  It's Louise with you today and I would love to share a simple but striking card and tag that are easy to mass produce for Christmas.

I have used the stamp set and 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad from Kaisercraft's North Pole Collection and these are available at Tomorrow's Memories right now.





I diecut a bauble shape for my tags but you could also use a circle punch.  I then stamped a wreath from the set with Versamark ink and white heat embossed it.  I then stamped the "JOY" sentiment in Versamark and red heat embossed it.  To create the chalkboard look I simply sponged some white chalk ink randomly over the surface.




To create my card, I took the "MERRY CHRISTMAS" sentiment and stamped it repeatedly with white pigment ink.  While that dried, I layered some of the patterned paper and created another stamped and heat embossed bauble tag.  Once again, the chalkboard look was created by lightly sponging on white chalk ink- but take care to ensure the pigment ink is completely dry or else it will smudge!




These were super-easy to create in assembly-line fashion and I was able to churn out 12 cards and 12 tags in under two hours.  Be sure to leave a comment if you have any questions :-)


No comments: